Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Memorial Day Bees!!

Our neighborhood peacock!! He came out to see what all the action was.
Ok, so here is what went down. I was working out in the yard and started hearing loud buzzing. It got so loud that I looked over the fence and literally saw a black cloud coming straight at me. It turned out that every bee in Boise decided to come and party at the Bender's. I ran inside and called Brook (he was out on a bike ride with Chloe). I warned him not to come in the back gate. He wasn't sure what to think about my "thousands of bees" since one bee usually sends me screaming. Of course it was a holiday so no one was answering phones at the pest control places. We then decided to leave it until morining...I went out to dinner with a friend and when I got home the bee keeper was there. The bees had moved their queen into our vent over the stove and had made themselves quite cozy there. They then decided that that was not enough for them and came into the house. One of the neighbors helped Brook get the bees out of the house, but there was no way we could sleep knowing thousands of bees were now able to get in. The bee keeper got most of them, but there was still a lot in the vent. The next day we had to call an exterminator to kill the rest. Nice huh!!
Bee Keeper brooming the bees into the box...hoping the queen is outside the vent!!

Scary!!!! Yuck!!


Unbelievable!!! This is only what is on the outside of the house. There were many, many more inside the vent.








1 comment:

Jennifer Etter Hill said...

Ahh the memories of killing small spiders in the bathtub for you when we were roommates. I think you woke me up more than once to kill a bug. :-)
Really- this is craziness, that would have made my skin CRAWL!